PSAV Services at the InterContinental Cleveland
Director: Jeff Burr, 216.592.9603, email@example.com
Sales: Tony Renfro, 216.592.9602, firstname.lastname@example.org
PSAV is the leading provider of audiovisual and event technology support to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide. With on-site offices at more than 1,300 locations worldwide and branch offices in most major meeting cities, PSAV is committed to making every live event an unforgettable experience. PSAV mixes bright ideas with smart technology so the messages organizers want conveyed make the greatest possible impact. PSAV's professionals understand the importance of a successful meeting, and know how minding their work can affect the minds of meeting participants.
A Market Leader
PSAV’s roots go back to early 1937 in providing audiovisual (AV) leadership in the meetings industry. In the last decade, PSAV expanded and consolidated regional AV companies to meet growing customer demand for a national source of consistent, high-quality audiovisual support. Today, PSAV has strengthened its business beyond traditional audiovisual services through innovative technology that enhances live events.
If AV were all you had to worry about, any supplier would do. From PSAV, you get much more, including a full gamut of event technology services, used in specific design to make your event unforgettable.
Resources and Services
Whether you need audiovisual, creative, digital, exhibitor, staging, network, projection, rigging, mobile app, or visual services, PSAV will help you create memorable experiences, helping your attendees share ideas that inspire change.
Unforgettable events happen when strategically placed soundscapes and captivating, illuminated sets are carefully planned and implemented. Our experts have studied the research and truly understand why the right AV has a great impact on message retention and know how to apply innovative event technologies for maximum attendee engagement.
We can make sure your audience sees your video, multi-media or slide material at its best and on multiple screens. Whether HD projection, monitors, signage, gobos, image magnification or other display techniques, we'll ensure every attendees sees your messages with utmost clarity from anywhere they gather.
Well-lighted presenters carry a more impressive presence on stage. Theater-style lighting adds remarkable color and drama to your whole presentation and can transform gala events into something truly remarkable. Ask us about Decor Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, Set Lighting, Presenter Lighting and more.
Begin the planning process early
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we'll discuss:
- Ballroom Rigging Standards
- Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- Best practices
Here’s how to plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- A Schedule Rigging Services form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot 20 days prior to load in (31 days prior to load in to avoid penalty rates). If the form is received less than 20 days prior to load in, double time rates will be charged. See "To Order Service:" at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hang-points. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices which does not respect the hotels rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $75 per hour.
- All drawings must be received electronically. Hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"-1’.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- The Ballrooms are equipped with permanent rigging points rated for 1000 lbs. Please refer to the CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points. There is NO RIGGING OTHER THAN THE PERMANENT RIGGING POINTS INSTALLED.
- No rigging is allowed from the air-wall tracks.
- PSAV must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
- Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
- Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
- Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
- PSAV will exclusively operate the Counterweight (fly-rail) system.
PSAV On-site Practices
- PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
- PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment. Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and cost effective event.
- PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissors lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
- A scissors lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in this facility must have white, non-marking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in.
- All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved.
- Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
- A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
- All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
Rigging Point Charge (greater than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $175 each (includes .5 ton hoist)
• Penalty rate = $200 each (includes .5 hoist)
Rigging Point Charge (less than 100 lbs.)
• Regular rate = $40 each
• Penalty rate = $50 each
Scissor Lift Daily Rental
• Regular rate = $350
• Penalty rate = $400
Scissor Lift Weekly Rental
• Regular rate = $750
• Penalty rate = $900
*Additional charges may apply for atrium equipment
Rigging Labor Rates
Riggers - Four-hour minimum required
• Regular rate = $75 per hour
• Penalty rate = $150 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight = Time and 1/2
Sunday, All Day = Double Time
Holidays**, All Day = Double Time
**Holidays = New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Room Diagrams - CAD Drawings
Follow the links below to download file of meeting-space diagrams. During your event's design phase, please contact PSAV regarding specific rigging requirements for your event.
To Order Service:
Follow this link to complete an online order for rigging services
From small audio systems for intimate meetings to multiple arrays that deliver concert-quality sound, we setup microphone, speaker, amplifier and mixer systems to suit the room and audience. Familiar with every corner of the venue and meeting rooms, we can easily calculate just what the best audio is for your event.
Capturing your speakers, their presentations, and all of your event's important moments for later playback is a powerful, even revenue-generating tool that can remind attendees of meeting content and let those who missed the event in on the action. Use our digital recording services to market your event to future audiences, enhance distance learning or continuing education credits or simply create a meeting archive.
PSAV offers a suite of best-in-class virtual event services to meet the needs of globally connected organizations or someone just stuck in bad weather. Share information, regardless of location, and extend the return on investment of your event. Whether the audience is one or thousands, PSAV provides an interactive solution to create events with messages that reach farther and last longer. So whether you need high-definition event video conferencing, Webarchiving, audio conferencing, Webcasting or Web Conferencing, PSAV will help facilitate meetings where the exchange of ideas leads to real-world solutions. All it takes is Internet access and a call to PSAV.
©2017 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.