PSAV Services at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & The Waldorf Astoria Orlando
Contact: Michael Duffey, 407.597.5532
PSAV is the leading provider of audiovisual and event technology support to hotels, associations, producers and meeting planners worldwide. When looking for assistance with audio visual services, PSAV has the local resources to turn your vision into reality. With on-site offices throughout the world and branch offices in most major meeting cities, PSAV is committed to making every live event an unforgettable experience. PSAV mixes bright ideas with smart technology so the messages organizers want conveyed make the greatest possible impact. PSAV's professionals understand the importance of a successful meeting, and know how minding their work can affect the minds of meeting participants.
A Market Leader
PSAV can trace its roots back to early 1937 in providing audiovisual (AV) leadership in the meetings industry. In the last decade, PSAV expanded and consolidated regional AV companies to meet growing customer demand for a national source of consistent, high-quality event technology support. Today, PSAV has strengthened its business beyond traditional audiovisual services through innovative technology that enhance live events.
If AV were all you had to worry about, any supplier would do. From PSAV, you get much more, including a full gamut of event technology services, used in specific design to make your event unforgettable.
Resources and Services
Whether you need audiovisual, creative, digital, exhibitor, staging, network, projection, rigging, mobile app, or visual services, PSAV will help you create memorable experiences, helping your attendees share ideas that inspire change.
Unforgettable events happen when strategically placed soundscapes and captivating, illuminated sets are carefully planned and implemented. Our experts have studied the research and truly understand why the right AV has a great impact on message retention and know how to apply innovative event technologies for maximum attendee engagement.
We can make sure your audience sees your video, multi-media or slide material at its best and on multiple screens. Whether HD projection, monitors, signage, gobos, image magnification or other display techniques, we'll ensure every attendees sees your messages with utmost clarity from anywhere they gather.
Begin the planning process early:
Contact us soon to start the rigging-planning process and we will discuss:
• Ballroom Rigging Standards
• Rigging Equipment Guidelines
• Best practices
To plan with PSAV for your rigging needs:
- Your Rigging plan must be certified and approved no less than 30 days prior to load in of equipment in order to qualify for the Advance Show Rates. A “Rigging Services & Truss” form must be submitted with a scaled rigging plot including instrument count and weight loads in sufficient time to allow for review and adjustments. We strongly suggest this form be submitted 45 days prior to your loadin to meet this deadline. If your rigging plan is NOT certified and approved 30 days prior to loadin, Standard/onsite rates will be charged. See “Rigging Services & Truss” at the bottom of this page to learn more.
- All drawings must be submitted with your rigging order.
- Rigging plots must contain all flown equipment in addition to a reflective ceiling plan with hangpoints. Please use our CAD file (available for download below) as your design template.
- All plot drawings must be received electronically in either DWG or VWX format. Additional hard copies will be accepted in a scale of no smaller than 1/8"1’.
- If a rigging plot is received by our offices and does not meet the hotel’s rigging regulations, the client has the option to either redesign their event or have our offices redesign the event at a cost of $95 per hour.
- All services for rigging in a single room must all be submitted on the same form and on one (1) diagram at the same time (i.e. video, audio, lighting, décor, etc.).
- A comprehensive safety review by our Rigging Supervisor will be done of your show plot. This review will:
Verify point load calculations
CAD support to provide feedback on the initial rigging plot provided by the client to PSAV
If needed, additional CAD assistance is available and can be provided for an additional hourly charge.
PSAV standard truss will be supplied as 12’x’12, any request for specialty truss will be reviewed and validated through the Rigging Coordinator.PSAV is committed to the success of every event and will insure that the integrity and safety of each program will be maintained, all necessary truss will be supplied during the program.
Exhibit Hall / Ballroom Standards
- Please refer to the facility CAD files for exact locations of the rigging points and ratings.
- The Bonnet Creek Ballroom, Floridian Ballroom, and Grand Ballroom are equipped with permanent rigging points. There is no Rigging other than the permanently installed rigging points.
- The Bonnet Creek Ballroom specifications:
Point load limits are 1000# per point
22’11” at airwall and soffit
21’2” max trim on 12” box truss
• The Floridian Ballroom specifications:
Point load limits are 750# per point
23’11” at airwall and soffit
• The Grand Ballroom specifications:
Point load limits are 750# per point
18’11” at airwall and soffit
• Foyer Chandeliers specifications:
12’ & 16’ Chandeliers
4’ safe banner width between chandelier and wall
• No rigging is allowed from the airwall tracks.
• A PSAV rigger must make all connections to the ceiling or supporting structure of the hotel.
• Any item attached to the suspended ceiling or permanent ceiling must be a minimum of eight (8) feet above the floor.
• Only a PSAV rigger may move flown equipment.
• Additional weight cannot be applied to flown equipment after PSAV riggers leave the room.
• Under no circumstances may a person be suspended, walk or climb upon any point or supporting structure attached to the ceiling.
• Cables and other elements cannot block doorways. Cable bridges, floor conduit tunnels or doorway channel surrounds must always be used.
PSAV On-site Practices
• PSAV will decide the number of riggers required for your event.
• PSAV will make all connections to the ceiling and assist your staff in attaching those connections to your truss and equipment.
• Late schedule changes or changes to the previously approved and submitted CAD Plot can result in additional charges at the Standard/Onsite rate.
• Please contact our offices for clarification of what services and equipment we offer to assist you in a safe and costeffective event.
• PSAV will not "dead hang" items over 100lbs or 10' in length with a scissor lift. Chain hoists or crank towers must be used.
• Cable bridge truss is required when cable bundles exceed four (4) Socapex Cables or other similar multicable.
• Banners 25 pounds or greater or more than 10’ in length may require a chain motor and truss, determined at PSAV’s discretion.
Rigging Equipment Guidelines
• All truss, chain motors, and rigging hardware must be supplied by PSAV.
• A scissor lift is required for all rigging calls at the hotel. PSAV has lifts on site and available for rental. All lifts used in the hotel must have white, nonmarking tires and be in good repair. Construction or outdoor lifts will not be allowed in the hotel.
• All equipment and materials flown must pass ANSI guidelines and be approved by the PSAV Rigging Department
• Any dynamic (moving) element requires an arrester device.
• A steel "safety" is required on each individual item suspended with a nylon sling.
• All nuts and bolts used overhead must be rated and all wire rope clips and overhead hardware (eyebolts etc.) must be forged, unless approved by PSAV.
• Genie Lifts – Genie Tower or crankup type lifts can be used; however the following guidelines must be met:
- A rigging Advance submitted on the show.
- Documentation that the towers have been serviced in the last 12 months
- Stated WLL (working Load Limits) on the units by the Manufacturer
- Load calculations done to ensure the towers are not being overloaded
- Proper ballast weight applied to base of tower based on overhead load.
- Nothing added to the truss after load calculations have been completed without approval by the onsite Rigging Supervisor
- A PSAV rigger must be scheduled and in the room during loadin and loadout of the Genie Towers.
Rigging Rates & Fees
• All rigging pricing is per day, unless specifically noted as weekly. Current Event Technology Support rates and applicable Tax will also be included in the final rigging quote (pricing subject to change).
• Advance Rate = certified and approved rigging plan no less than 30 days prior to load in of equipment. A “Rigging Services & Truss” form must be submitted with a scaled plot, including instrumentation count and weight loads in sufficient time for review and adjustments. We strongly suggest this form be submitted 30 days prior to your loadin to meet this deadline.
• Standard/OnSite Rate = certified and approved rigging plan received & approved less than 30 days prior to load in of equipment. A “Rigging Services & Truss” form must be submitted with a scaled plot, including instrumentation count and weight loads in sufficient time for review and adjustments.
Safety/CAD Review Fees
• Advance rate –Safety/CAD review fee = $250.00 for the first two reviews ($250.00 for each additional review prior to 30 days)
• Standard/OnSite Rate – Safety/CAD review fee = $500.00 for the first two (2) reviews ($500.00 for each additional review less than 30 days)
Rigging Motor Point Package Charge (greater than 100 lbs.) labor not included
• Advance rate = $225 each/day (includes .5 ton motor, point, hang equipment, all safety cables and shackles)*
• Standard/OnSite rate = $275 each/day (includes .5 ton motor, point, hang equipment, all safety cables and shackles)*
* Weekly Rate is available
Rigging Point Package Charge (less than 100 lbs.) labor not included
• Advance rate = $55 each/day*
• Standard/OnSite rate = $85 each/day*
* Weekly Rate is available
Truss Daily Rental Rate -labor to build not included (see information below)
• 12" x 12" Silver Box Truss = $8 /linear foot*
• 1' x 1' x 1' Silver Corner Block = $40 each*
• Base Plates upright 12”x12” $50*
Contact PSAV for pricing on other truss types.
* Weekly Rate is available
Scissor Lift Daily Rental ++
• Advance rate = $375
• Standard/OnSite rate = $475
Scissor Lift Weekly Rental ++
• Advance rate = $1255
• Standard/OnSite rate +$1555
Please contact PSAV for package pricing concerning single approved signage (4’x6’ or smaller/less than 20 lbs) to include rigging labor and scissor lift. PSAV reserves the right to deem the signage as qualifying for the package guidelines.
Rigging & Truss Tech Labor Rate
Rigging Tech Labor Rates**
A minimum of Two Riggers are required at each call (4 hour or 8 hour minimum required per call, time beyond 8 hours will be billed in full hour increments). Rigging Techs are not Truss Techs and separate labor must be ordered to Build/Strike Truss beyond 100' of truss - (see requirements for Truss Labor below
• Advanced Rate = $100 per hour**
• Standard/OnSite rate = $200 per hour**
Truss Tech Labor Rates**
The client/production company may provide their own labor for truss build/strike. The Client/Production company may request in advance labor to be supplied by PSAV for truss build/strike. All cost associated with PSAV supplying truss labor will be the responsibilty of the client or production company requesting. For truss totalling more than 100' A minimum of Two Truss Techs are required at each call to layout & build, or strike and stack truss. Labor will be billed in 4 hour, or 8 hour minimums required per call, time beyond 8 hours will be billed in full hour increments.
The PSAV Rigging supervisor will determine the number of truss tech labors required.
• Advance rate = $85 per hour **
• Standard/OnSite rate = $170 per hour
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. = Straight Time
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - Midnight = Time and ½ - OT
Monday - Sunday, Midnight - 8 a.m. = Double Time - DT
Saturday, 8 a.m. - Midnight= Time and ½ - OT
Sunday, All Day = Double Time - DT
Holidays, All Day = Double Time - DT
** Holidays = New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, & Christmas Day.
All changes in labor calls must be made with the PSAV Rigging Supervisor, the on-site rigging staff cannot authorize call time changes.
Services cancelled / changed with less than 72 hours’ notice will be billed at Standard/On-Site rates.
Services scheduled / certified/ approved less than 30 days prior to load-in will be billed at Standard/On-Site rates.
To Order Service:
You must complete the following online order for rigging services to officially begin your rigging request:
PRESS HERE TO ORDER: RIGGING SERVICES & TRUSS
Should you have any challenges with the link above, please copy and paste the following into you browser:
Room Diagrams – CAD Files (DWG & VWX)
Follow the links below to download the file of meeting space diagrams. During your event's design phase, please contact PSAV regarding specific rigging requirements for your event.
*pdf file is made available for pre-planning only
Well-lighted presenters carry a more impressive presence on stage. Theater-style lighting adds remarkable color and drama to your whole presentation and can transform gala events into something truly remarkable. Ask us about Decor Lighting, Intelligent Lighting, Set Lighting, Presenter Lighting and more.
From small audio systems for intimate meetings to multiple arrays that deliver concert-quality sound, we setup microphone, speaker, amplifier and mixer systems to suit the room and audience. Familiar with every corner of the venue and meeting rooms, we can easily calculate just what the best audio is for your event.
Capturing your speakers, their presentations, and all of your event's important moments for later playback is a powerful, even revenue-generating tool that can remind attendees of meeting content and let those who missed the event in on the action. Use our digital recording services to market your event to future audiences, enhance distance learning or continuing education credits or simply create a meeting archive.
©2017 PSAV. All Rights Reserved. Any third party trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.